REIT investments help strengthen communities through development of workforce rental housing, medical facilities, shopping centers and commercial buildings that benefit all residents. REITs operating in Hawaii have a distinguished history of individually supporting local charities, non-profits, and community initiatives.
Nareit Hawaii and the REITs operating in Hawaii support much-needed community programs and initiatives statewide including:
- Blackstone Group LP Donates $100,000 in Food Distribution to Community
- Nareit Hawaii Donates $20,000 to Operating Engineers for Branded Facemasks
- $50,000 to Hawaii Resilience Fund For Hawaii Homeless Healthcare Hui
- Pearlridge Center Supports Community with COVID-19 Initiatives
- Alexander & Baldwin grants $30,000 to Iao Valley Education Center and Keiki Programs on Maui
- Alexander & Baldwin Supports Leeward Coast Community Food Distribution